The One with Alice's Tea Cup

15:06

I have a confession to make. I hate tea. In fact, I'm not a fan of hot drinks in general. That, coupled with my apathy towards Harry Potter, probably makes me the worst Brit ever. Somewhat contradictory though, is that I LOVE tea rooms. The quaint, soft and detailed atmospheres are my sanctuary.




Alice's Tea Cup has been on my list for a while and after a visit to the Met I decided to walk east to grab a bite at their third chapter.  Out of all the areas of New York, the Upper East Side is a terrain that I have least explored. This is mostly due to how awkward it is to get there from where I live on the Upper East Side, so I rarely go unless I'm heading to the Met. 



Adorned with diary lights and butterflies, Alice's Tea Cup serves well as both a social setting and a nice place to study. In terms of the food I only had a hot chocolate (just about the only hot drink I can tolerate) but their extensive list of teas speak for itself. Their cakes are rich, and I ended up taking half my banana Nutella cake home, but for the Brits out there or just Anglophone their scones look top notch too.


Be aware, there is normally an hour wait on weekends (longer for bigger parties) and a $10 minimum. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images