Restaurant Review: Tartinery

19:00

The first time I went, on a busy Saturday night, we sat upstairs near the bar area. It was great ambience but a little bit cramped for a multiple course dinner. The second time I was in a larger party and on a dead Tuesday night so we sat around the tree centrepiece downstairs.



Located in Soho (they also have another branch) it is always worth me travelling down from the Upper West Side for. What with the candles galore and French speaking waiters it makes for a very romantic venue. It is a French restaurant based around 'tartines' that take up half of the menu, and are defined as 'A French open-faced sandwich, especially one with a rich or fancy spread'. Both times I went I had a salad, but I did have a tartine for dessert! Lathered in nutella and glazed banana, it was something I could probably have easily made at home with a toaster but it tasted much better given the surroundings.

















You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images