Restaurant Review: Dudley's

09:18

Second choices aren't always second best. 

I have to admit I did not trek all the way to the East Village for Dudley's (not saying that now I've been I wouldn't though). Instead I was attempting to go to Russ and Daughters, and an attempt was all that it was. The waiting time was 1 hour 45 minutes, probably the longest I've ever encountered (after the Spotted Pig). As much as I'm sure Russ and Daughters' infamous bagels are well worth the wait, we just couldn't afford to wait for that long. 
So we got out that trusty friend, Yelp, to see where was good to go in the area. Just a few blocks down was Dudley's, who luckily had no wait. 

It was the first really sunny day of the year so we wanted to sit outside and embrace the sun while it lasted. Dudley's is a real New Yorker spot, there were some arty guys with their dogs further down from us, and next to us we got talking to some Swedish New Yorkers (after ages trying to figure out what language they were speaking!). 
The restaurant had a very farm to table vibe, and I think it may be Australian (although that might just be because our waiter was) 

Sitting out in the open was great, and a great people watching spot. It is also not far from the Williamsburg bridge, so if you go I'd suggest going for a post- brunch walk over to Brooklyn. 
If it wasn't so far away on the Lower East Side, I would definitely go more often!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images