Review: The Ivy Chelsea Garden

10:04



When you hear the name 'the Ivy' your mind immediately goes to decadence and opulence. And then to expensive. The Ivy Chelsea Garden ticks the first two boxes but not necessarily the latter. 

A popular celeb/blogger spot, the Ivy certainly has a waiting list. We called five days ahead and still the only times available were 8:45 in the morning or 10:40 in the evening. Although it meant an early start, we went for the breakfast slot. 

I haven't been at any other time, but I definitely think that breakfast/brunch is the best time to go. They have a great breakfast selection and it's all relatively inexpensive. I had the avocado toast (I really need to start expanding my menu choices) and my mother had the eggs royale. As a student on a budget I've quickly learned how to seek out the cheap options on the menu. Most places will have a salad or large starter that won't break your budget. It's good to know that you can go to famous restaurants without spending a fortune. 

It was such a nice atmosphere, a lot of ladies who lunch, but we also started talking to an elderly couple who had lived in Chelsea for years. 

One of my main motivations in going to the Ivy Chelsea garden was to sit in their outside garden area. However, firstly they don't take bookings for this area as its opening is weather dependant. Also at the time we came it was being cleaned out. In the end, I actually preferred the inside. We had a great view of the gardens and we're still surrounded by greenery.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images